Rain meant I spent most of the weekend drinking G&Ts and doing laundry (not at the same time, however) instead of finishing the garden chores, but what can you do? Luckily, we had half of Saturday to make some progress:
I picked our first batch of strawberries:
We extended the herb garden by removing 15 wheelbarrows worth of sod:
(Once the ground dries, I’ll be able to level the edging).
Last weekend, I dug out and laid the red pavers. This weekend, I built and installed a new flower bed:
(Yes, I know. I know! But a shallow raised bed was the only option, as the soil in that awkward space is mostly made of broken promises and gravel. I kept the bed shallow so that it won’t stick out as much, and this will limit my plant choices (short roots only please), but it’s ok. The potted plants and bricks are only temporary; I’m thinking of planting morning glories and zinnias).
We also started to clean out the garage, a chore that is not photogenic but still worthy of mention.
Next weekend, we’ll be completing the edging work, and hopefully getting some plants in the ground.